The Good Sex Diet is a natural, holistic approach to improving your sexual function. The foods recommended include all of the ingredients your body needs to make your sexual arousal system work. It also happens to taste fantastic, so you can enjoy the pleasure of eating, too. This diet looks very similar to the Mediterranean diet and is less expensive than you might think when you realize that your body will be satisfied with the high quality food and taste of what you are eating.
This isn’t a grab-n-go diet, and there is almost no processed food in it at all. However, no need to go all raw food, either. Focus instead on the natural color of your foods, and you’ll be choosing the right foods for your sex life too. Below is a brief guide–you’ll find that the main goal is focus on a variety of organic vegetables and fruits, lean proteins, and healthy fats and oils. Also, chocolate!
- Eat 1-2 oz. of dark chocolate (70% or greater cacao content) a day.
- Drink green tea if you can, or rooibos (red) tea if you don’t like green tea or want something without caffeine. Have as much as you enjoy; 2-3 cups per day is recommended.
- For protein, choose beans, chicken, turkey, ocean fish (not whitefish) that is wild caught, and only grass-fed beef. Eat protein at every meal to help stabilize blood sugar.
- Eat 3-5 servings of differently colored vegetables per day, including broccoli, leafy greens, carrots…Only eat yellow, blue or sweet potatoes, not white. Eat corn only occasionally, and only fresh kernels in season.
- Eat 2-3 servings of fruit per day, especially apples and berries.
- Eat at least 1 oz. of nuts per day (walnuts or almonds are good). Eat nuts as a snack when you are hungry to satisfy your hunger and stabilize your blood sugar.
- Cook with healthy oils like canola and olive oil. Avoid trans fats completely, and use butter sparingly.
- Avoid white flour and white sugar. Use whole wheat flour and honey, fruit sweetener or agave syrup when making sweet desserts, whenever possible. If you choose to eat a piece of cake or have some ice cream, eat a handful of nuts along with it to balance out your blood sugar.
- Drink lots of water. Filtered tap water is fine.
- Supplement your diet with the following every day:
These will give you maximum protection against cancer and maximum help for your cell membranes. You want your Vitamin D levels (tested by your doctor) to be between 50-60ng/ml, for highest immune function.
- A basic multi-vitamin (Theragran M is a good choice)
- Fish Oil: 1000-4000 mg
- Vitamin D3: 2000-4000 IU
- Calcium Citrate: 250-500 mg (no other form of calcium).
- Exercise 30 minutes a day, to a sweat (or a nice glow).
- Enjoy at least one orgasm per week to boost your immune system and maintain your nerve conduction.
- Did we mention chocolate? Chocolate has both the right kind of protein for sexual health (L-arginine), and is packed with fantastic fruit antioxidants, both of which are powerfully good for your blood vessel and nerve function.